Improving Efficiency and Sustainability
ISO Certification 14001: 2015
ECUASOLIDUS S.A., is a company Ecuadorian company formed in 2015, with its head office in Quito. Ecuasolidus became a subsidiary of Aurania Resources Ltd. in 2017. It is focussed on exploration for medium- and large-scale mineral resources. Its mineral concessions confer a right to explore for both metallic and non-metallic minerals in 42 concessions that extend 95km along the Cordillera de Cutucú, constituting the “Lost Cities – Cutucú Project”. The Company is fully aware that it operates in an environmentally sensitive region of Ecuador and therefore it undertakes to operate under the following principles:
- Maintain respectful relations with the local community and its cultural heritage while seeking to promote mutually beneficial relationships.
- Promote strategic relationships with public and private stakeholders to protect the environment in a sustainable manner.
- Implement initiatives to protect indigenous flora and fauna within the Project’s area of influence.
- Implement operational policies and controls to the extent that technology and our resources permit, to prevent, minimize and mitigate the environmental impacts of our operations.
- Promote and encourage more efficient use of natural resources and their by-products by implementing appropriate technological options within the means available.
- Continually monitor changes in legislation related to environmental laws and regulations of Ecuador and other environmental institutions to which we adhere, to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that contractors and suppliers provide services and products in a manner that is compliant with this environmental policy.
- Strengthen the professionalism of our staff with respect to environmental matters and encourage their commitment to, and proactive involvement in, protecting the environment.
- Support viable and relevant initiatives of our staff to improve methodologies aligned with optimal environmental stewardship.
- Provide, maintain and improve operational and administrative infrastructure that ensures alignment with the principles of this environmental policy.