Community and Environment Overview
Aurania’s aim, through its subsidiaries, EcuaSolidus in Ecuador and Vicus in Peru, is to conduct our operations with respect for the people around us, be they investors or indigenous communities in the remotest corners our concessions, the environment, and the water resources. We consider water to be so crucial that we have created a separate unit to manage our water-related matters, that is distinct from the Community and Environmental functions.
The Company works closely with the following government entities in Ecuador:
- Ministry of Non-Renewable Resources, in regard to the mineral concessions and exploration;
- Ministry of the Environment, which monitors our environmental impact and restoration, and to which environmental reports are submitted every six-months;
- Ministry of Agriculture & Livestock, with which we coordinate training for local communities;
- Ministry of Public Health, with which there is constant, on the ground collaboration, and through which the clinic at the village of Piankas, the refurbishment of which the Company financed, is operated;
- Ministry of Labour related to the setting up of small service companies and the formal employment of local people; and
- Finance Ministry to ensure that local services are provided in full compliance with Ecuadorian law.